Step #5: Journaling your experience
- What did I notice about me? What did I notice about the environment?
- My body (physical self)
- My thoughts (mental self)
- My feelings (emotional self)
- The environment (season, weather)
- The pathway
- Any people, animals or objects along the way
- What are the top 3 things that I noticed on the walk? Scribble down the 3 things that had the most significance to you on your walk. Then, contemplate what these might mean to/about you if viewed as symbols or metaphors.
- What insights did I have during the silence on my walk? List any creative ideas that came to mind. Then, contemplate if/how you will take action based on these insights.
For now, don’t be discouraged if your walk seems to be just a “plain old walk” – it takes time and repetition for this practice to become imbued with meaning and creativity.